labels

i have a question for the candle makers that make container candles. do you put 1 or 2 labels on you containers. like 1 w/company info then the 2nd w/scent & weight. & what size jars do most of you use. i am trying to find a nice way of doing labels i have programs but i can't seem to get one that i like. i have sizes of jars from 1.5, 4, 6 & 9. the problem i'm having is the 1 oz is small not much room for label & info that you can see then the 9 oz the label looks too small. i use an address label 1x2 5/8 they look fine on the 4 & 6's but i only use 1 label & it looks cluttered but when i used 2 you couldn't see the candle the sides were covered. i tried a card tied around the lid but they didn't lay right they stuck straight out. uggggggggggh what to do, anyone got suggestions?:mad:

You could try labelling the lids (if they have 'em) that's what I do....it has the Co. name, and scent as well as contact info. When I display them, I have a card that sits on the shelf in front to show the size of container it is.

HTH :)

i was thinking bout that but no stores around here carry the round labels & i don't feel like ordering them online just to pay alot of shipping & not like them. the only thing i could do is buy the paper you can cut out yourself but who wants to set all day & cut labels. but might have to. :sad2:

mmm..there is that...but I ordered some online anyway, just to give it a shot, and it saved me a lot of headaches, and time fartin' around with how to label them, and I made the label look the way I wanted it to.

Early American Candle Supply in Pittsburgh, PA will print small peel and stick labels on a strip. Don't know if it's what you're looking for, but I get 100 for $4.00. It includes the disclaimer, our company name and phone number, which I put on the bottom of the jar. We use a hang tag on the neck of the jar, with the company name, phone number, and fragrance.

They also can make a 2" size, but I'm not sure of the price.

thank you everyone for the imput. i think i worked it out i'm going to use an oval shape on front w/co info & a small round on lid w/scent & size i can still use the address (1x2 5/8) & shipping (2x4) labels just need to trim a little & i can get them at the local office depot. i haven't tried it on the actual label or container yet but i printed them on paper & cut out. I like them they are alittle shorter but fatter to take up little bit room on bigger containers & small enough for the little 1oz. i really didn't want to switch containers cause they are nice & at a good price. the only reason for the inquire is i have a possible wholesale but i need to finally settle on a label cause i keep changing them.