Wicks advice

Good afternoon everyone !!

I just got some replacement wick samples from my supplier and want to check with the experts here first to make sure theyll work. They are replacements from my supplier and sent not from my hero there that I love doing business with but an associate there.. She was the one that I had ordered from last time that suggested the wrong size wicks and I had ordered 100 of each size that she said would work that didnt , they were too small. So thats what led me to the main person who is fantastic there ...but back to my question....So the woman that I had ordered from the first time and had suggested the wrong size, sent me some samples of HTP 104 and some that say FT 1,2.....she knows that I have only 4 oz tins and thats it. I hate to doubt her but I got the wrong size from her last time based on her suggestion. So before I venture into this here in a bit, I wanna make for sure that these sizes will work with a 4 oz tin. ....

thanks !

What you should really do is stop taking suggestions. Nobody can know with certainty what size wick you need. Choose a type of wick you want to try, get a range of sizes in that type, pour 2 or 3 testers with wicks around the size you think is most likely, and determine which one is right through testing.

The FT is Fil-Tec http://www.fil-tec.com/.

Uhh..NO..I ask suggestions as I dont know and am here to learn. I wouldnt even know where to begin without asking. The first I picked on my own were even worse than the last 2 I had.

But the web address is appreciated.

Have a nice day !!

What top is trying to tell you is you need to get some sample wick packs here is a link to some http://www.peakcandle.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=PCMS&Category_Code=WICKS scroll down a bit what you will end up with is 5 wicks of each size then you can start some serious testing. Don't rely on the advice of just one person especially one that has steered you wrong in the first place.

Thank you for replying . All I was trying to get was opinion whether these would work as the GM at the supplier sent me a sample of stuff that will work and that will be here tomorrow. The woman sent me some as a ' opps wrong sizes' for her misjudgment that are samples as well. But before I try them I was wanting to see if anyone thought they would work in a 4 oz tin before I went thru the process. Thats all. She ( the supplier woman) did it as a nice gesture and asked someone else in the shop about these new ones she sent that I got today. ..The ones from the GM will be here 2morrow...From the stuff I was reading before about the wicks I had picked myself the first order, and the wicks the woman picked, to me looked like they would work ..they didnt . So I ask opinions .....Oh well....No biggie !!...and thanx for the link!

Thanx for replying, tho !

I think what Top and Vicky are trying to tell you that yes those might work for a 4 oz tin, but everyones wax/FO/additive combo is different, so what works for one may not for the other, this is where the testing part comes into play and where sample packs of wicks are the best to go with. What works for me probably isn't going to work for you, because we may use different ingredients for our candle makeup. HTH