Simple Body Glitter

Darwin

Aloe Vera Gel

Cosmetic Glitter

Food Coloring (optional)

Container of your choice

Mix Aloe gel with a few drops of food coloring. If you want your gel to be clear, then skip this step. Stir in small amounts of the glitter until it is as glittery as you want it to be.

Where do you get the glitter? Just any old glitter? or does it have to be a certain type?

I use irridescent cosmetic grade glitter. If you are going to sell it, you should get cosmetic grade glitter. You can get it here...

http://shop.candlesandsupplies.com/candles/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=Candles&category%5Fname=&product%5Fid=GLIT

or here

http://www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com/Product.aspx?Tab=0&CatalogID=1&GroupID=577&CatalogTitle=Soap+Making+Supplies&CategoryID=1021&CategoryName=For+MP+-+Cosmetic+Glitter

If you only want to use it yourself, regualr glitter should be fine. Just keep in mind that it will not be as shimmery as cosmetic glitter!

I have used it with food coloring and it does not stain. You can also use B&B colors. I have not tried to sell this yet. I just heard the recipe from a friend like last week. We are all still testing. No one has been dyed yet! The ones I will sell at the up coming craft show are not going to have colors in them. Just white. I think it is prettier that way anyways!

Edit to say:

The friend I got this recipe from sells her body glitters with food coloring and she has never had a complaint. She uses it in her bath bombs too. Now you have me wondering if she should be doing this!

Wow how neat I had no idea you could use aloe for that... I'm curious about the Preservative issue like Satin mentioned anyone have any idea on what to use or if it needs one? I'd love to try my hand at some of this stuff...

Thanks for sharing

HUGS

I use the aloe vera gel that I buy at walmart..it already has the preservatives in it. I just add glitter from MMS and sometimes I add FO...they love the smelly ones :)

Here is the pic I posted on the old board

post-86-139458375319_thumb.jpg

I remember that post I liked these, I was wondering if you could use the aloe vera like what you get at walmart and it would already have preservatives in it....thank you for answering it even though I did not come out and ask....hehe mind reader...LOL :)

I made some from scratch from here http://www.todieforsoap.com/other_recipes.htm#GlitterGel Judy told me you can use any type of glitter as long as it is of non-toxic polyester. She bought some at Hobby Lobby and used some for her grandaughter. I used some extremely fine glitter and didn't need to color it at all b/c the glitter took care of that.

• 2 weeks later...

WOW those are really really glittery!! SO, how much glitter do you think you use per bottle? Are those 8oz. bottles or what?

I'm curious, b/c the cosmetic grade glitter is kind of pricey.

I bet those sell really well, especially with the teens! :D

I make this as well..using the wallyworld stuff..and I add FO to it..I have white tea & ginger, vanilla, lilac etc..and color it with liquid B&B dyes according to the scent..I use this stuff everyday..feels soooo good and cool esp in the summer.

No preserve here either.

It actually takes less glitter than you think to make it that glittery...it suspends quite well.

• 10 months later...

They have some really pretty tiny super fine glitters at craft shops. Irridescent fairy glitter stuff. But most is glass. You have to read, i am always careful to read now since we have kids. Would hate to give them glass. :undecided

Also, if you are selling you would need to use FDA approved colorants for cosmetic or bath use. Food coloring isn't supposed to be used for sale.

I like the clear ones though! My niece will love this project, she loves all those glitter products. Thanks for posting the directions, she's going to have a blast!

I have skipped over this thread so many times because I didn't think it would be somthing I was interested in making, but I decided to pop in here today and see what it's all about - OMG! I am in love with those pyramid bottles and how cool this stuff looks.....ANOTHER recipe for me to try :D

I'm so glad I took a peek!

OK, this must be meant to be - Kangaroo Blue is having a packaging sale - 30% off all bottles, pumps, etc, including the pyramid shaped bottles! I ordered a bunch last night - I can't wait! :drool:

DARN YOU! I am not even going to go to the website..cause I know I will empty my checking account.:lipsrseal