Business Software

a1190w

Hey Guys

Got a Love hate relationship going on with Quickbooks Premier 2006. I broke down & bought this package cause I needed something to track the business & inventory.

Initially its very labor intensive when setting up your business & inventory. I've been plucking away at data entry for 2 months now & its finally paying off.

Once you get it set up, it tracks all your purchase orders, Adds items into inventory. Invoices & sales remove items from inventory.

It allows you to take inventory items like wicks, wax, F/O stickums etc & build your candle according to your own recipe. They call that an assembly item. The finished candles are then added to your inventory. You can track parts & assemblies. Really neat.

As i said, setting it up is labor intensive but I have found a few tricks that help make it easier.

Anyway, thought I'd share my experiences with ya.

Andy

After enter all your items in the list, You want to order something say from Peaks, You have to create a purchase order in Quickbooks with these same items. takes maybee 2 minutes depending on how much you order. When the order arrives, You select receive order & pay bill, follow the prompts & it adds what you ordered to your inventory. When you sell something, you create an invoice with the items sold and it subtracts what you sold from your inventory.

The mistake I made is not putting things in inventory in the units I use them in. For instance wax. You order by the pound, but you use ounces when you make 1 candle.

I caught this early on so it was no biggie. It also lest you set re-order points so when you get down to say 2 ounces of a particular F/O itl flag you to re-order/.

Andy