HELP, what the heck is going on with this candle

Ok, I have a few questions hopefully it can be answered with my description

So I have been messing around trying to single wick my 8 oz mason jars and I have found a wick I could do it with, perfect melt pool, great hot throw, absolutley no hang up etc....

Well I forgot where I bought the sample wicks at they are CD-18, so I bought some from NG, no biggie but here are my problems.

1) When I light the wick it starts to tunnel which didn't happen before with the tester wicks, from god knows where I got them

and

2) After I light the candle I notice that I have an air pocket (?) beside the wick in the wax, not on the top layer but you can see it when the candle starts to get a melt pool.

What the heck is going on, I'm driving myself crazy. I stopped double wicking them because the container got way toooooo hot where I couldn't even move it for an 1/2 an hour after blowing it out.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

TIA,

Mindy :undecided

It sounds like you have air pockets in your wax. This has nothing to do with the wicks. Try pouring the candle again. When it is fairly set up and cool try pushing in the middle of the candle. If it caves in, you may need to do a second pour. Or you can use a heat gun to melt the wax back in to the hole.

If you mess with the pouring temps a bit you may be able to avoid getting the airpockets. If you can't, then you may need to do second pours.

After you get rid of the air pockets the wicks should burn the same as the other tester wicks.

All CD 18s should be the same regardless of the supplier.

HTH