M&P soap-No Lather?

nayarx8

Hi! I just started really experimenting with M&P soap. Today, I melted cocoa, mango, and shea butter soap, and then added a couple squirts of soy lotion. Will adding lotion to the soap cause it to lose its lather? I havent had too much experience with M&P; its been l5 years since I last used it. The bar smell great (scented Satin Sheets), but there is absolutely no lather! Is there any thing i can do to fix it? Any help would be greatly appreciated! TIA, Linaya

It could be the brand you are using. Some lather more than others. Try a small bit before you melt it to see if it lathers. It also can be the butters. Adding too much can also take away from the lathers. If the base soap doesn't lather try adding a teas of castor oil and a little salt about a half teas pp of base. Sometimes there is nothing that will help. I find that old base that seems to have dried out does not lather as well as, it could be old. SUE

My secret for getting great lather in M&P is add about 1/2 TBSP. Dr Bronners liquid soap pp of base. I have it around anyway and I found this suggestion on another forum, it works fantastic, gives rich thick creamy lather. But I will say the base makes a difference, I use the SFIC.

I melted down a couple 2oz sample bars to make one big one & added some shea butter. Killed the lather deader than a door nail as the old saying goes!! It was lathering just fine before I messed with it. So I took a couple more 2oz sample bars & melted it all down together and got my lather back. So I'd have assume that I just got too much butter.

Hi tattam or anyone, could you please tell me where to buy Dr Bronners liquid soap? Thanks... This is a good question because when I make M&P that I bought at Micheals it doesn't seem to have a good lather at all. Maybe its the brand as well?? Thanks!

You usually have to get Dr. Bronners soap at a health food type store, or a whole foods. It is a GREAT soap for anything, its all natural ingredients, even organic oils. I use it mixed with baking soda for toothpaste, for general body wash and even shampoo with it. I take it camping in a little squirt bottle and use it for everything. They have a website too, I think you can order it online. It comes it different fragrances. Its not cheap, but worth every penny.