We made our first candles!

I am new to making candles and I love this board. I have spent hours reading, researching, learning, and drooling over all of the pictures in the gallery. There is so much information here and everyone seems so nice and helpful. I hope that oneday I can make candles half as well as some of you.

We made our very first candles a couple of days ago. For our first attempt we are using the 4oz hex jars with IGI 6006 wax. I really like this wax a lot, but it’s the only wax I’ve used so I don’t have much to compare it to. We poured two candles without fo (just wax), two with amber rose (I love this one), and two cucumber melon (DD loves this one). For wicks we are trying the 44-20-18z and 44-24-18z. So far I have only been test burning the unscented candle. This is our control candle and we thought it would allow us to see how the fo affects the wick size needed. Besides, after pouring we were dying to have something to burn and the whole house smells like Amber Rose so we have to wait on the house to air out before we can test burn the scented candles.

I can see already that this hobby (and this board) is addictive! There’s so many things to make and so many waxes, wicks, colors, and fo’s to try! Now if I can only find some where to store all of this stuff out of the way instead of on top of my kitchen counters!

Congratulations! The space is also an issue for me. I'm going to need a bigger house!!

ROFLOL That is just too funny. Nope, I don't think I can get a bigger house. Just will have to get rid of some of this junk. Now lets see what can I toss? The kids toys? DH tools out of the garage? Maybe all of the dishes in my kitchen cabinets since it looks like we'll be eating at Burger King everynight. I think I'll start with the closet under the stairs. Surely we really didn't need the vaccuum cleaner.

I really fear that someone needs to come take away my credit cards before they go in shock. I started searching today looking for must have fo from Bitter Creek South so I can place an order. Instead of finding suggestions though I found so much more. I need one of everything from WYW, SW, Peaks, and NG. Hmmmmmm. How to ever pick just a few scents to try? :drool: