Too much vybar?

Ok I've only made 5 candles so far, ever. I add color but they are coming out real pale. I'm adding vybar and stearic acid. Maybe I'm adding too much vybar and the opacity is keeping my candles from holding color? I'm so new at this and there seems to be SO much to learn!:yay:

Ok I've only made 5 candles so far, ever. I add color but they are coming out real pale. I'm adding vybar and stearic acid. Maybe I'm adding too much vybar and the opacity is keeping my candles from holding color? I'm so new at this and there seems to be SO much to learn!:yay:
You could look at it that way. I'd be more inclined to say you aren't adding enough dye. But yes, the issue is the opacity. Also I think you can ditch the stearic if you're using Vybar. That's already the equivalent of 10-20% stearic.

I'm using Crafty Candles paraffin by Endless Possibilities with a MP 133- 135. The dye is liquid of the same brand. I'm about to start using Reddig- glo chips but I wanted to try the liquid. Truthfully, I didn't measure the dye, I just put like 6 squirts of 1 color and 6 squirts of another. I guess I'll just have to experiment. But I didn't know that about using vybar and stearic acid. I have wondered if both were necessary.

Vybar in the right amount, helps wax hold more FO. However, if you use too much vybar it can stop the scent from throwing. I use vybar almost always, but at 1/4 tsp per pound in IGI 1242. I don't have any trouble getting rich colours at that proportion, and scent throw is great.

Maybe try using less vybar and see if that helps.

Cheers

Janette