Eo Vs Fo

Is there much of a difference in these 2 items ? I recently won an Auction of EO's and I was wondering if I could safely put them in Candles .

Yes I am a newbie and still learning and I want to be safe as I can possibly be at this point . So far the Candles I make have no Wicks in them , You must use a Warming Plate with them I have'nt braved enough to actually wick them Hehehe!!!

Actually there is a huge difference between eo's and fo's. I have just started experimenting with eo's in candles. The biggest thing is to know your eo's so you don't use one that has any sort of health warning associated with it. Although there has been much discussion about whether or not the amount of eo's in a candle would pose the same health risk as direct skin contact. I have only tested lavender eo in soy at 3% and so far so good.

If you decide against using them you can always sell them in the classifieds here:rolleyes2

I have been experimenting with EOs too. One thing I have noticed is the EOs I have tried from Wellington (Bergamot, Pink Grapefruit, Lime, and, Spearamint) all have an underlying smell that you don't find in FOs. It's hard to describe the scent, it's like a musky oily plant matter scent and it's not very fresh; I don't really like it. I suspect that is just the nature of EOs in soy.

I have been experimenting with EOs too. One thing I have noticed is the EOs I have tried from Wellington (Bergamot, Pink Grapefruit, Lime, and, Spearamint) all have an underlying smell that you don't find in FOs. It's hard to describe the scent, it's like a musky oily plant matter scent and it's not very fresh; I don't really like it. I suspect that is just the nature of EOs in soy.

I don't make candles but think that the more "natural" scent from EO's is typical regardless of the application.

I think that EO's grown on a person... I remember several years ago when I first started soaping I really didn't like EO's but years later I prefer them.