Wax melts and tarts.

I was just messing around because one of the Golden wax suppliers says one of her girls uses 100% soy for her melts and tarts and sticks them in freezer to get them out. I did try that. It worked. Now the key is how do I store them? I can't put them in certain plastic containers because they will dull out and stick together being that it still is a soft wax. Will a zip lock work for time being? Any suggestions.

Stacie, I think you need a professional opinion on the quality of your soy tarts. Send generous samples to: AJ, 124 Main St., ... :laugh2:

ETA: Sorry, forgot to answer your question! Bwa-hahaha!

Hmmmm....have you considered pouring into those little foil "muffin cup" thingies? Makes them stay nicer in storage. Sorry, can't remember the technical term. But they look like the things you put in a muffin pan before you fill with batter, only on a smaller scale. I love soy tarts in those.

Are you saying you use 100% soy container wax for the tarts? You need to add a some soy votive or pillar wax to the mix in order to get them to release for the molds. It will also help keep them hard during the hot months of summer too. Container wax alone is way too soft for tarts.;)

I've poured tarts for my own personal use using 100% soy container wax. All you need to do is put them in the freezer and they pop out of the molds just fine. When I make the tarts for resale, though, I use a combination of soy container and votive wax to make them harder and easier to package. I shrink wrap my tarts.

I was just experimenting with 100%. I will probably end up using them as scent samples. I agree they need to be a little harder. I dont have any soy pillar blend I only have the MC's pillar blend and that is a vegetable based but no soy is involved. I am unfamiliar with blending the two waxes because I don't even know the properties of the pillar blend and MC won't disclose it. I just wanted to keep them from looking ugly and sticking together. My mother in law use to be in the chocolate business so I have over a thousand molds to work with in brand new condition. So I decided to have a little fun lastnight.

you must have been talking to my supplier.

i use 100% soy wax the 415 from millcreek, to get them out of the mold i put them in the freezer for a few and they pop right out. the candy mold work great i made bunnies and flowers for easter.

for the candy mold tarts i package them in small cello bags and staple shut.

for the larger tarts i wrap them in cello and sell them individually.

you do have to take alittle care when packing and unpacking like from a show because, they will break.

AJ, lol. I use the big molds for my kids with chocolate. And the melt size ones I kept for wax. It will be interesting to use little use the little Jewish star molds at Hannukah that is a melt I havent seen yet. Plus she has naughty molds she used for bachelor and bachelorette parties. I even have molds with our last name on it. This is way more fun than trying to wick a candle. Now I just have to perfect the wax. I did notice on warmer days they get a little softer. I might consider the 474.