Soy Questions

Guess I should start off with asking what is a good soy wax to try, and do I need some additives for it ?

I see some of you get wicks from Joe and that is where I have got mine for several years now. Joe is a great person to work with.

Are there special wicks to use in soy?

This will get me started...

If you really want a good first impression with soy, try the Golden Brands 464. You don't have to add anything to it to make it work right, and it's the easiest to work with (so far). Check out the GW464 test thread. Also, I'm having good luck with the Premier 700 wicks Joe sent me as samples. He is quite generous with his samples! I like them better than HTPs now, and once I get eveything tested I'll be buying my wicks from him. Good luck! :cool2:

geek

geekrunner would you mind telling me where the wax comes from?

Same for you AngelaVA..

I have to be open for different wax.

Candlemama I suppose you use BC's fragrances to? I was on there web site yesterday and saw that they have fragrance for soy.

Will and of this soy work for tarts, pillars or votives? I know some wax is made just for the tarts,pillars and votives. I do sell allot of different types of my candles and I make cake candles and hate to give them up but I cannot see making them with soy.

Maybe I am wrong.. if anyone does make soy cakes Please let me know.

Thanks

I get the Ecosoya and C-3 from Candlescience. They are fairly close to me, so shipping is pretty reasonable. They have great customer service too.

I like Snowtop, Just Scent, Millcreek and Nature's Garden for oils. If you order from Just scent, put in your order by phone. Becky is super-nice to talk to and will tell you honestly about which oils work best in soy and what they smell like.

If you really want a good first impression with soy, try the Golden Brands 464. You don't have to add anything to it to make it work right, and it's the easiest to work with (so far). Check out the GW464 test thread. Also, I'm having good luck with the Premier 700 wicks Joe sent me as samples. He is quite generous with his samples! I like them better than HTPs now, and once I get eveything tested I'll be buying my wicks from him. Good luck! :cool2:

geek

What are these "Premier 700" wicks and where do you get them? I have tested the GW464 so far with Eco's and CD's...am preferring CD's at the moment. Still need to try a couple other wick samples I have but I've never heard of the "700's".

OOps...just saw the thread below about these wicks...please ignore.!