New to the Soy World, Help!!!

Ok I have another couple questions. I am seriously thinking about switching to soy exclusively, trouble is I don't know squat about the stuff. I would really like to still be able to make a nice smooth looking candle, and also a great looking mottled candle. Can anyone point me in the right direction as far as what's what?

Also How much more FO and dye will I need with this wax?

Thanks in advance ~

Welcome to the board! I am a newbie but I have used 3 different soy waxes so far and the best by far is GW464. People on this forum were raving about the stuff so I had to try it and boy were they right! This gives you a smooth top, creamy, beautiful candle. And you pour it hot so you don't have to wait around for it to get slushy like some waxes. I got mine through Gateway. They are in Illinois and I am in Kansas. A 50# box was $50.75 delivered. I will not use anything else now. I haven't ever used paraffin but most use

1 oz FO per lb. I don't use alot of liquid dye to get great colors, usually only a few drops will do. Good luck!

Greetings and welcome. My advice would be to test a couple of different waxes to see what performs best for you. There is a link on the board here somewhere, that lists suppliers by state. That way you can save yourself on some shipping costs.....only, I can't remember where it is:sad2:

But here is the link for the suppliers of the new 464 that most everyone is liking. I myself am still testing it. I also like the Ecosoya CB Advanced, but some here do not.

http://www.candletech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19252

I hope this helps a bit ;)

The 464 frosted a lot for me, but the CB Advanced looks great no matter what my pouring temp or how much dye I load into it. Has a great throw too. Ecosoya 135 also has a great throw and C-3 has a lot of followers here. My advice is to find a supplier (or two) nearest to you and then test the soy waxes they carry, since shipping can get really expensive. For fragrance oil, I use anywhere from 1 oz to 1.5 oz pp with the soy waxes I'm testing. I would start with 1 oz and go up if needed. :)