Accounting software -vs- Excel

Mr. G

I've seen people right very complex "programs" with Excel - if you're a wiz with macros and tying different sheets together it can work. But Excel doesn't work long as a database, you'll eventually get too much information.

I use QB as well, but it came with my Powerbook. It keeps my checking, paypal, and propay accounts in balance. It prints nice invoices and sales receipts. I can categorize my sales for different reports. I can run P&L statements so I see how I'm doing. I've got my inventory set up so it warns me if something is low.

The P&L statements is about the most important - I print those off each quarter, staple all the supporting documents to it, and I'm ready for tax time.

I do use Excel for my costing spreadsheets.

Thank you everyone..my wife uses Quickbooks everyday at work, did not know they made one I could afford :yay:

Now I know who my accountant will be ! ;)

Mr G

I just bought QuickBooks Pro 2006 at Costco a few months ago for $148 and saw them there a few days ago. Can't beat it and it's a great program. Expandable too if you go big time as someone mentioned in an earlier reply. I do payroll and accounting as my business and it's very easy to use.

Chris