What wick do you like better and why?

For soy or soy blends what wicks do you like and why?

I'm looking for what you have found in certain wicks, in your testing.

Do they..

Burn clean

Burn hot or cool

Self trimmimg

Bend at the tip

Burn heavy scents better

Etc. Etc. Etc.

Please list Wax (either 100% or Blend) & wick then explain what you liked or disliked about it. If you use or have tested more than one kind of wick then list them all with info.

Example: Soy Blend - LX's - Burn clean, self trimming, very little to no mushrooming, must double wick for 4" or larger.

I'm not trying to find out all your tests, secrets or an easy way out. I'm just looking for general wick info that you have noitced about wicks.

I have read supplier info about wicks but that info is to general. I looking for tried and true info from candle makers. That way I can decide from the info if that wick is worth trying in my application.

For example: If the majority said ECO's sooted real bad then I would not want to try that wick.

Thank You for any input.

Do they..

Burn clean

Burn hot or cool

Self trimmimg

Bend at the tip

Burn heavy scents better

Etc. Etc. Etc.

Please list Wax (either 100% or Blend) & wick then explain what you liked or disliked about it. If you use or have tested more than one kind of wick then list them all with info.

Example: Soy Blend - LX's - Burn clean, self trimming, very little to no mushrooming, must double wick for 4" or larger.

EZSoy (100% soy), color blocks, 1 oz FO pp: ECOs -- burn clean when trimmed properly, sometimes self-trimming, little mushrooming if trimmed to right length and not burned for a very long period of time. Excellent throw with ECOs. LOVE that I can flick off the end of the wick (when cool) -- no need for scissors. Trims right to the perfect length. LOVE MY ECOS!:yay:

Liz D.

EZSoy (100% soy), color blocks, 1 oz FO pp: ECOs -- burn clean when trimmed properly, sometimes self-trimming, little mushrooming if trimmed to right length and not burned for a very long period of time. Excellent throw with ECOs. LOVE that I can flick off the end of the wick (when cool) -- no need for scissors. Trims right to the perfect length. LOVE MY ECOS!:yay:

Liz D.

Thank You, but I don't have to have which wax, color or FO just 100% Soy or a Blend

I'm not looking for you to tell me, in detail, what you use just general info. Type of wax, wick & wick info.

I know different waxes, color or FO will make a difference (I will test that). I'm just looking for overall results to judge from.

Do they..

Burn clean

Burn hot or cool

Self trimmimg

Bend at the tip

Burn heavy scents better

Etc. Etc. Etc.

100% soy & soy blend (464, how do you describe this wax?) ECO wicks. I like these after testing others because they have a better hot throw than the others *I have tried so far. I've found that they very rarely mushroom even when I have let them burn too long (I'm famous for marathon burns just to see what could go wrong). I have found though, that I go to the higher end of the manf. suggestions for size..ex if it says 3.25-3.50in use eco 12 and for 3.50-4.00in use eco14...for my 3.5in jars I would start with the 14. had some trouble wicking over 4" jars, so can't answer that--tried double and still didn't get perfect MP, might try again with 3 next time(if there is a next time:cheesy2: )

I am testing a parrafin/soy (greenleaf with my own parrafin additives) blend and so far with my testing the Superior wicks are doing a great job...some mushrooming, but my HTP's were falling over to the sides, etc. Yet no sooting with the superior. Very clean burn. And I already double wick some of my wider containers....but I have to say definitely less hang up with these babies.

Thank You, but I don't have to have which wax, color or FO just 100% Soy or a Blend

I know different waxes, color or FO will make a difference (I will test that). I'm just looking for overall results to judge from.

OH, LOL... well, I did say it was 100% soy.. I always assume people want to know as much as possible since I'm that way myself.

Liz D.

Liz D.

Ditto here! :grin2:

I wish I could say. For awhile I was having good luck with HTPs and LXs in MC plain 415 soy with BW. Good trimming, only occasional mushrooming, and with the LXs a wide range of sizes. However, I'm having trouble with MC 415 and HTPs and believe it is wick related.

I have been testing Premier 700 wicks in the Greenleaf 70/30 and MC soy/BW and am getting good results! Only tiny mushrooming so far in the GL, and I was able to single wick MC soy in a 3 1/2" keepsake jar, which I could never do with HTPs or LXs! Premier 700s also have a WIDE size range for fine tuning the burn.

It's still early, but I'm liking the Premier 700 line more and more!

geek