HELP HELP HELP! Silicone mold...

I am using a silicone mold of a VW bus (we are VW addicts and I sell these candles at the VW shows) and I cannot for the life of me get one to come out of the damn mold without pits or bubble on it!

I just poured 3 aluminum molds and 3 silicone earlier today with the same batch of wax and the candles that came out of the silicone molds look like crap and my pillars look awesome!

I have tried different pillar waxes, less additives more additives and so on..

Could it possibly be the silicone molds themselves?

They are smooth as could be inside so Im thinking its not..

Can someone please help me?????????

thanks

You could also have a poorly made mold. It's very hard to make a mold without tiny air bubbles. Inspect the inside very close, you may need to use a magnifying glass to see it better, and see if there are tiny surface air bubbles. If there are surface air bubbles those will always show no matter what you do. If that's the problem I would send it back for a refund.

I have used the silicone bakeware and they are smooth on the inside. I found to get the best results I have to preheat the inside of the mold, with a heat gun , just before pouring. Than pour at a hotter temp, for best results.

I've tried 2 different mold maker suppliers and both have surface air bubbles or imperfections. So I haven't tried any others because I don't think anyone knows how to make a quality mold. Sure it's easy to pour a mold but very hard and expensive to not have surface air bubbles. To avoid bubbles, in most rubbers, requires a de-gas chamber and those things can run in the thousands.

I have taken a mold making class in Dallas and have made a few molds. I know, first hand, how hard it is to make a quality mold. It's much harder and much more expensive than candle making.

Hope this Helps Candle Man

I poured 6 of them last night at 190 and added more stearic and vybar and did the happy dance when I took them out of the molds this morning! Scared my husband, he thought something was wrong and come running down the hall!

Thanks everyone! Worked perfectly!

Except the they dont have a real strong smell to them...

I poured 6 of them last night at 190 and added more stearic and vybar and did the happy dance when I took them out of the molds this morning! Scared my husband, he thought something was wrong and come running down the hall!

Thanks everyone! Worked perfectly!

Except the they dont have a real strong smell to them...

That could be from to much vybar or the combo of both equals to much. IMO - you don't need both additives vybar alone is enough and you can get a better throw.