Square pillars.

Okay, I have wondered this for a long time. Likely some smart chandlers here can answer my question.

IS there a way to burn a square pillar without messing with it a whole bunch? No offense to those who do make square pillars but how the heck are we supposed to burn them? I can understand a square container candle...but a pillar.....? Not to mention other shapes that are not round.

A melt pool is round....k? The corners of a square candle are never gonna get in on the action. So you either have to whittle the corners off as it burns down or just use it as a decoration. I dont even wanna think about a blowout.

Now I know ya'll test your candles before you sell them....soooo. How do we do this? What am I missing?

Actually, if you make them correctly the corners will fall into the pool...

Make them wrong and you end up with a mess.

Really? I've made tons of square pillars and my corners never fall into the pool. I don't see how they possibly could. My square pillars burn straight down the middle. The MP gets close to the edge, so there is a nice glow all the way down, like stained glass.

Does anyone else have corners that fall into the pool?

Burn Time... Wick Size... Melt Point of Wax... a determine how the cube will burn.

Go thin on the wick get the hole bore... go higher melt-point and right-size wick, and result is same with change in burn time. Remember, you can control almost all variables in your candles. You CAN NOT control burn-time or air (wind/breeze, etc.)

Guest ShellyRobyn

I wick my squares the same as my rounds and they're just fine. You have to "hug" them at first to get them started but then they're okay.