yogurt in soap

dillypooh

I use yogurt often in my soaps. I sub all of the water for yogurt and have had vert few issues. The issues I have had have been because of my using a new scent and not knowing how to handle it. Here is a pic of my sea salt soaps.

85838758_fb9eaff773.jpg

The soap in the front is made with distilled warer. The soap in the back is made with 100% of the liquid being yogurt.

:grin2:

I don't think so. I use full yogurt and have never frozen it. I kinda like the light tan color it gives the soap. I did freeze my cucumber puree and I didn't see a difference in it. The odor was still there and I didn't see where freezing it helped at all. SO... wether it's coconut milk, yogurt, GM or whatever "I" lean towards NOT freezing it as I myself do not notice a difference. Give it a shot if you haven't already. :grin2:

Not exactly. It's sort of like a clump of frozen GM at first and then it all melts down and turns an icky rust color on top and then settles down as you mix. You MUST mix mix mix so it stays incorporated or the yogurt will do what coconut milk does and seperate. More often than not I have no issues with it. It is a nice THICK cream like stuff. I'll make a batch of soap with yogurt in it and take pics as I go...when I get a chance that is. Maybe I can do it tomorrow. Someone email me and remind me and I'll do it.

Does it turn fluid? How can you tell your lye is totally dissolved? Totally lost here!!!