M&P layers seperating

I made some clear glycerine layered soaps today with the intention of cutting them into cubes and covering them with white base. When I cut the cubes, all the layers seperated. they still looked cool, but it was not the actual look I was going for. Do I need to let these layered M&P sit quite a while before cutting?

Yup, what they said. And in addition, if you have really thin layers, make sure you pour before they are completely cool. I have more layer separation problems with thinner layers than with thicker ones when doing MP. It is more difficult to get the timing down. They cool faster than you think ;)

I had my flipflop soap seperate each layer had one sandle, now i use a timer and use the left over base in my measuring cup as my gague. I move the cup around to see if it's getting hard. Once it starts to set then I reheat it, spritz my soap with alcohol and repour.

Diidi that make sense :P:shocked2:

I think I just didnt spritz enough alcohol. I will try that next time. My mold is a fairly thin mold so maybe the layers were too thin. Thanks for the advice. I did use those chunks and put them with white base and they are cute. I would post a pic, but wheres my camera:mad: It has disapeared!

• 4 months later...

Can you spritz with 50% Isopropyl Rubbing Alchohol or does the alcohol content have to be higher?

TIA

God Bless,

Lynn

Edited to add that I just went to Wallyworld and got some 91% Isopropyl Rubbing Alchohol! Im GUESSING that this would be best to use as it has less water in it! Am I correct??

Can you spritz with 50% Isopropyl Rubbing Alchohol or does the alcohol content have to be higher?

TIA

God Bless,

Lynn

Edited to add that I just went to Wallyworld and got some 91% Isopropyl Rubbing Alchohol! Im GUESSING that this would be best to use as it has less water in it! Am I correct??

I just did my 1st m&p with imbeds and only had a little bit of 70% rubbing alcohol - so watered it down and applied liberally as everyone else said - mine did not come apart and I used alot of big chunky imbeds. I think its just how much you spray.