Q & A

Candletech has been after me for a bit to post :o I have been reading for about 3 days now. I'm known as Elapid, I'll let you tell me what that is, and I have been making candles for about a month :confused: In fact I am in the process of making my first pillar and I didn't have anything recomended to seal the wick pin in, so I took some plastic wrap folded it x4, and pushed it over the wick pin before I stuck it through the mold. :) I decided to post while the candle was setting so I dont know : Am I being smart :grin2: or is this stupid :sad2: ?

Elapid----<

If your candle is setting and you're not already telling a story about spilled wax, maybe it works. It would leak at the beginning.

Candlewic has wick pin instructions on their letsmakecandles.com site that don't mention anything about mold sealer. In the past I thought that was an oversight but eventually I got to wondering if it was intentional. Maybe the wax congeals between the pin base and the mold and seals it. The fact that it works with just plastic wrap makes me wonder again.

Anyone ever try it with no sealer?

Well I guess the plastic wrap worked good enough, nothing ran out of the setup and on the cookie sheet. I always have used a cookie sheet, the MS would kill me if I got wax all over the kitchen! So I guess it worked. Momma let everybody know what an Elapid is. I guess I like snakes I have had a few before, but no hot herps ie. venomous. So now I am testing wicks for a 3 inch pillar, sny ideas on what you have success with?

Elapid--<