No Sales!!!!!

LisaJ

Hi all.

We have a new small business in the UK selling candles and home fragrances, our web address is www.thecandlenut.co.uk we have been up and running for about a month now but only had one sale! We think our prices are reasonable and we are getting around 50-100 hits a day but they are not turning to sales.

How does everyone else do selling candles via the internet and what do you think of our site.

Any help and advice would be really helpful.

Thanks very much.

LJ

Sadly you cant just set up a website and expect tons of sales to be rolling in. You need to promote your site. Have you done any advertising? Passed out lots of business cards etc? (Most) websites take awhile to get the kind of traffic you're already getting, so that is one positive. I wasnt getting that much traffic in my first month!

I will say though, on your front page, you have a LOT of writing. So much that I didnt even bother to read it. Also the links at the very bottom aren't lined up well. They're all so close together it would be impossible to find what you're looking for. hth

Hi all.

We have a new small business in the UK selling candles and home fragrances, our web address is www.thecandlenut.co.uk we have been up and running for about a month now but only had one sale! We think our prices are reasonable and we are getting around 50-100 hits a day but they are not turning to sales.

How does everyone else do selling candles via the internet and what do you think of our site.

Any help and advice would be really helpful.

Thanks very much.

LJ

HI ,,tried to Pm you but it wont work,,do you have an email I can send some infor to you that has helped me a lot!!!

Your site looks good. Do you actually make these candles? Have you sold them by other means before getting the site? I think your prices seem reasonable. You may just have to wait a while. Also, not every site makes a lot of sales. I know many artisans, of various types, who say their web site is the most expensive business card they ever invested in. On month is too early to tell from.

Well, you are getting a good amount of hits for such a new site. Your site also has a pleasing look and is easy to navigate. From a marketing standpoint I would say you need to differentiate. What makes your products different from something someone can buy at any store? Are they handmade, all-natural, long-lasting, unique or only available on your site? Do you have superior customer service? If so, then spell it out for your customers. Candles are difficult to sell on a website, because people want to smell them, so describe your products as fully as possible. I notice that a few of your candle descriptions say "lightly scented", but don't say what scent. Also, many shoppers want "super scented" so that they feel like they are getting the most for their money. If you want to sell the fact that your candles are NOT heavily scented, point out that it is better for people who are sensitive to heavy fragrances.

Best of luck to you,

Margie

Hi everyone.

Thanks so much for all your feedback it has really helped and it's nice to get views from others.

We don't make all the candles ourselves just a few. I am a Mum so my son takes up a lot of my time. He is 10 months and now crawling so tries to help me with everything I am doing which is a bit of a nightmare!

We are building up the business bit by bit and hope to make everything ourselves at some point soon.

I am enjoying looking at your websites, they look really good.

Take care.

LJ

Some of your links lead to blank pages, which may lead people into thinking you're still in the under construction stages and not yet open for business. I'd definitely either remove the links or put the pages up as soon as possible.