Painted candle

My first one.. and I forgot to wipe it off with alcohol first.. so it will prolly peel off ughh! And... I painted the whole thing white first, then the other colors.. but to save that step, next time, I think I can add some white color block to the actual wax.. and see if that goes better.

And as though this is a more for looks candle, what are the chances that someone would burn a painted candle.. would you have to worry about it catching fire with the paint and all??

pix

bronco1.jpg

Painted candles should not be burnt, if you use regular craft paint, it can catch fire. If it doesn't catch fire it will most definately give off a nasty smoke. There are products that can be used safely on candles. Just my opinion.

Cheers

Janette

Are you in the CO region? Looks like Thunder to me! Go Broncos!

Looks wonderful.

There are products that can be used safely on candles.

What kind of paint would you recommend that can be used on a candle meant to be burned? I'd be inclined to underwick so that I'll have a shell, but that won't work on this type of molded candle, I was thinking of something w/ a symmetrical shape.

Yep, its Thunder II! And I'm on the outskirts of Denver.

Where are you at MtnGirl?

For the paint I used... I used the Delta acrylic paints with the delta candle and soap medium. From what I understand it is safe to burn the candle with the medium.

So, is there another type of paint that is strictly for use with burning candles?

Though, I think I may just leave out the wick to be on the safe side.. call it a wax statue instead...

I realllly want to test burn it.. but it was my first one. and I just dont want to ruin it and burn it,LOL

So guess I'll do up another one and test burn that one..

pix