Taking Credit Cards

Could someone guide me towards the best method for accepting credit cards for your home based business? This will be for wholesale accounts only..no retail..and no website sales. I am wanting to accept them for the convenience (sheesh..is THAT how you spell that?) of the client.

I am getting all types of marketing materials for them now that I formed the corporation.Not sure where to go.

Basically, you would need to set up a Merchant Account.

There are TONS of them out there. Do read the fine print- believe me. Backwards, forwards and sideways... LOL!!! ;)

The rate and monthly fees can vary greatly. This is something I would highly recommend researching throughly before making any fast decisions.

Paypal, Pro Pay and www.charge.com to name a few.

I use touch-pay....

It is only $6.99 a month and 3.85% percent per transaction.. No per transaction fee.. No other hidden fee's either.

If you are only using it for wholesale, this might be an inexpensive way to start. All you do is phone in the CC info and that's it....

Here's the link.

http://thompsonmerchant.com/services/Touch-Pay/Touch-Pay.html

I do have an imprinter to swipe cards for craft shows and such, then I just phone it in when I get home..

(If they are shady looking, I phone it in right away on my cell phone):naughty:

HTH...;)

I'm for ProPay too. Cheap yearly rate and w/no monthly fee it works out to about $3/month. Your wholesale acct's are probably trusted sources and you certainly know where to find them. All you need is a knucklebuster machine and you're set.