Wicks and Scent throw?

This may be an off the wall question but I am testing new waxes since the J300 has been discontinued. I really am about out of my mind in doing so :rolleyes2 I know that the melt pool is what provides the hot throw but do certain wicks give a certain "kick" to the throw also? I can achieve a full melt pool with about any wick choice, but have you found that a certain wick will increase the scent throw?

I have used zinc, cotton, CD, & LX and am mainly testing 50/50 soy blends and haven't found anything yet that I am liking. Thought maybe my wick choice could be the culprit. So slap me if this is a dumb question :P

I tested two candles of the same batch, one with a zinc wick, one with a htp wick, the htp wick definitely had more of a throw, since the wick isn't responsible for the throw and the melt pool is, i wondered, maybe the htp has a little hotter melt pool and that contributed to the throw? I don't know, but there was a big difference in the two

• 2 weeks later...