Ug, HOT HOT HOT Weekend Festival

KimOCandles

Grr, this weekend is going to be HOT HOT HOT and I have a stinkin' show (2 days, of course) this weekend, and of course it's my biggest show of the year. Over 500 crafters, and we (me, mom and my candles) are going to melt, melt, melt. At least I know I am in the shade, and dh is jimmy rigging up a car battery and some fans so we will make our own breeze. Dangit! We lucked out last year and it was 47 degrees for the low (I even took my jacket!). Oh well, August in MO. And I just filled up my truck. $45.50! Ouch! And it's 120 miles round trip, and I'll be making it 3x. Grrr. Pray for big sales. And a cool breeze. And the Sunday thunderstorms don't come until after 7 p.m. Sunday. Oh well. Good luck to all who have shows this weekend! Oh, and if the car battery thing works, I'll let you all know!

KimO

Hope the car battery thing works for you. Suppose to be in the high 90s here this week end. Made up some cool collars to take to the farmers market and test. Thought I'd give them out to 1/2 doz. of the other vendors. With the heat and humidity it should be a good test. Hope you have a great turn out for your show.

Good luck Kim! Maybe our cool front will pass through to tone things down for ya. Afterall, weather is never predictable ;) I know rains will be around the KC area later this afternoon according to the weather report, but where they go from there I don't know.

Well, did my first day of my "biggest" show of the year and, drumroll please.....

a whopping $60.00. :shocked2::mad::cry2: :cry2:

With a booth rental of $90.00.

And a total of $45.00 gas (with more to buy tomorrow).

And 100 degree weather.

And thunderstorms as we speak.

Grrr.

I hope a miracle happens tomorrow.

The only good thing is that EVERYONE had HORRIBLE sales. Doesn't help my pocketbook one little bit though, just my ego and pride. This does not bode well for my fall shows. Tequila anyone?

KimO

Yeah, til the converter got too hot to work, it was that dang HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll post a parts list and everything when my brain isn't so fried. Darn, I am backspacing as much as I am typing 4-5 hours sleep isn't enough. Gonna go shower and SLEEP!

KimO

Well, what a BUST!!!! Ice cream, food and even lemonade didn't sell, that is how bad this festival was, and this is the biggest in the area. I'm sure many in the St. Louis area have heardof the Jour de Fete show, and talk about a BUST! This is my third year here and what a horrible miserable show this year. I pray this is not a foretelling of shows to come for fall. Hopefully the heat and high gas prices is what kept the people away. My next show is after Labor Day and supposedly gas prices will be better after Labor Day. Luckily though, only two or three candles melted bad enough (out of nearly 30 cases) and they are repairable. Ug, how depressing. Didn't even make expenses. At least I made booth and gas and some of what I sold. Oh well. Oh, that the t-storm hit, luckily dh called and warned me so mom & I were able to pack up and get the heck out of dodge just before the bucket loads of rain hit. :rolleyes2 Better luck next time.

KimO

hang in there kim. i am here in texas so no outdoor shows in june, july, august (with sept being iffy) and that means less shows=less money. i have a explorer that is taking 46.00 to fill up so with all this said you are not alone in this:embarasse i feel your pain. it may seem horrible but as they say what does not kill ya makes ya stronger and you are posting so i know that means you survived:cool2: