Sunflower Oil In Soap ~ Anyone do it?

SoapInTheCity

well, i made a really small test batch (8 oz) with sunflower oil, i remember measuring way more sunflower (i didn't have a scale then) than coconut oil, added carrot fresh juice before trace (without water discount), a kind of sour cream that they sell in Sweden (milk,cream,powdered milk, and yogurt cultures) lime peel, and a little bit of sunflower oil again at trace...so i think i put 6 or 7 oz of sunflower, and 1 or 2 oz of coconut.

well it lathers a loooot, and like i read in many post, and articles, it didn't turn rancid at all, it been about 2 1/2 months, it's not drying at all.....

My lard, olive, and shea turned rancid 1 weeks after i made it..

So well, i don't know how it's gonna turn for you...

Take care,

Laura.

I like it at 10% too. There's a high oleic sunflower version that has a longer shelf life - it's a good substitute for part of your olive oil since it has a higher amount of oleic acid than the regular sunflower.

which one is at the grocery store? wesson has 10% vit e, is that considered high oleic?

what is the shelf life of regular sunflower?

which one is at the grocery store? wesson has 10% vit e, is that considered high oleic?

what is the shelf life of regular sunflower?

Regular Sunflower oil is at the grocery store. No, vit. e doesn't constitute "high oleic".