Turning clear m&p white?

Livelovebath

yeah I have heard TD works... I am just wondering because I want to get a 25lb block (cause its the best value) but I want some of each... and I dont want 50lbs right now lol

Thanks for the tip though!

edited to add- and how much are we talking, like a pinch or a lot?

Well, I don't know about the TD.

I've used about 1TBLS per lb of soap with the stearic, and that worked. Not quite as white as a white base, but it def. wasn't clear anymore! lol Also the stearic made for a harder bar (slightly) so it lasted a bit longer than the bars I made without it.

HTH

Ok, I haven't tried this myself, but I've seen pics. of someone elses soap that looked really cool. She used 75% clear and 25% white and got a slightly transparent opaque soap, it looks really cool. :)

So, if you have ANY white base you could try introducing a small amount into the clear.

HTH

I have tried Michi's idea of adding white base to clear base. I went 75% clear and 25% opaque white bases. I do that to get the look for my 'icecubes'. They are the soaps that will be in the swap. There will be pics up on grumpy's swap review site in a few days.

stearic will also work. Haven't tried the TD.

TD= titanium dioxide= (whitener).

I have tried Michi's idea of adding white base to clear base. I went 75% clear and 25% opaque white bases. I do that to get the look for my 'icecubes'. They are the soaps that will be in the swap. There will be pics up on grumpy's swap review site in a few days.

stearic will also work. Haven't tried the TD.

TD= titanium dioxide= (whitener).

Thank you TLC26

yikes! I tryed the s.acid... um my first attempt turned into a stiky mess... it went all mushy and didnt harden... is it possible I used to much? my second attempt seems to be better, I put in a tiny bit, and it went white (well solid pink lol)... I dont understand the first try.... sooo weird!