another grubby

Here is the orange chiffon cake grubby that doesn't look that good, but I'm trying.

The other one is a container I made with the same FO but didn't get the color dark enough.

I guess you all are getting tired of my pics of these practice candles, but like I said, can't stop taking pics:D

post-43-139458377213_thumb.jpg

post-43-139458377216_thumb.jpg

Thanks. I don't think it looks good, but I'm not crazy about grubbies either but a lot of people like them. You wouldn't believe how I made that. Before Scents gave me some instructions on how to make grubbies I was gonna make that cake look like orange coconut and cooled the wax, and scraped it off the cold wax kept crumpling it up and zapped the mini cake with the heat gun but heck, it wouldn't stay on there, candle cooled too soon, so I just kept sprinkling and smushing that stuff all over it and said the heck with it and zapped it good with the heat gun. You wouldn't believe the time I spent on that dang thing. I was ready to pull my hair off. Well guess that's more than ya'll ever wanted to know about that grubby. :D:o

Oh man, sounds like you spent the whole day trying to get the grubby to stick! LOL

After you whip the wax, start applying it to the candle (I use a wooden stirring spoon) when it's the consistency of whipped cream. It'll stick without a problem and you also have a little bit of working time to get it spread around. Once the wax in the pot gets too stiff to work with, or stops sticking to the candle, hit it with the heatgun to melt it a little, stir it around and apply more.

I love grubbies. I know a lot of people don't, but they're fun to make and I always think of little cakes when I see them.......

DanaE

At least you experiment and learn from your mistakes. Experimenting is the best teacher there is....and I think you did a great job Lola. Keep it up girl!

Ditto what Mary says. The best teacher really is trying it & learning from each experience. :cheesy2: You just keep working it, Lola, they'll get better & easier w/ each one you do. :D