HELP- what to say to customers when your wax "stops working"

I am ready to cry. My wax... my beloved wax isn't working anymore. I only make tarts- so it is not a wicking problem. Something is going on, despite all of my testing... and my tarts are cracking. I have been in touch with the company... I got a different type of wax and am also trying a new source for my wax.

BUT of course- my orders are pouring in like crazy! I have not had a chance to do long term testing of the wax that is currently "working" for me. So, right now, I know it looks good after a few days and so far the scent throw is good. But, I don't know how it will hold up long term.

How di I fill all of these orders using this new wax? Should I tell them and say that if you are not happy with it to email me. I need some advice.

my beloved wax isn't working anymore...my tarts are cracking. ... I got a different type of wax and am also trying a new source for my wax.

Using a new supplier & trying a different type of wax to fill retail orders is a risk. Up to you what to tell customers. In your shoes, I'd say there's a delay, order my old wax & continue testing on the side. I might ask customers if they'd mind testing a new wax tart & get their feedback though.

About the cracking, what wax are you using ? For ideas on how to eliminate cracking I'd suggest searching the boards by that wax type. hth

What wax are you using that is cracking? Is it the wax or the cooler temps, weather changes, etc that is causing the problem? Have you changed anything in your process that might cause this? Sorry this is happening, but hopefully we can help.

What wax are you using that is cracking? Is it the wax or the cooler temps, weather changes, etc that is causing the problem? Have you changed anything in your process that might cause this? Sorry this is happening, but hopefully we can help.

Oh- I have been searching, posting, emailing, testing, testing, testing! LOL

It just figures that after months of getting only a few orders, suddenly I get this rush of new orders and customers. I don't want to lose them by not getting their orders to them in good time... but I also don't want to risk giving them a wax that I don't know how it will hold up after a month.

Honestly, I would explain the situation to a degree. Let them know that there was a problem with your shipment of wax and that there will be a short delay. Let them know that it is your policy to make sure that only quality product will be shipped. You could offer them a discount of like 10% if they complain or offer to let them be testers at no cost for your new product. IMO, I would much rather lose the sale then to send something out that has not been tested to its fullest. No sale is worth the possible effects it could cause without proper testing, put yourself in your customers shoes, wouldn't you rather wait for a quality product. As long as you are upfront and keep them posted I am sure you won't have a problem, granted there are always the few that no matter what are not going to be satisfied..there just isn't anything you can do about that.