Soap Decks

I have seen where some use the decorative wall trim from the home improvement store to make them. I'm experimenting with polymer clay, another hobby of mine. I haven't unpacked my toaster oven yet so I've yet to test the pc ones. Hopefully someone else who makes them will chime in.

Sami

Yep, I had head about using the chair molding/trim also, so I was looking at my local hardware store yesterday, but they didn't have anything I could use. :(

I live in a really small town though, so I'm sure Home Depot or the like would have something that would work. ;)

I got some really cute acrylic soap dishes at Walgreens in all the bright colors for .50 each (on sale). Haven't used them yet, but they'd be really cute with some of my fun soaps!! :)

Also, you can cut your own using 1-2" thick x 4" wide pine, just cut slats in it going one way on one side and the other way on the other side. (hope that made sense! ;) )

Hmm the polymer clay will be really neat I bet!! Post a pic when you get one done.

Even little shallow buckets make cute soap dishes. ;)

Here are the soap decks I made outta wall trim these are made out of Oak...I sealed them with a good varnish...It was a while ago...I can't remember the name....sorry...But they were really cheap to make.....HTH's and I also include a pic of them with some of my soaps.

000_0592.jpg

000_0594.jpg

Hugs Maggie