Im sooo frustrated

I know without being in my house and seeing these burn no one can help but I had to vent. I've been making candles in 4oz Emma jars (2" square) and 8oz metro jars (2.5in round). I checked both for base wick. Found Emmas to be a CD8 and metros a CD14. Right off the bat -- shouldnt there only be a 2 size difference since its a 1/2 in size difference. anyway. I made and burned and burned and made. Thought I was soooooo close to getting it down. Well to the point. I remade some of the FO cause I just still wasnt satisfied with the results on a couple. (Emma jars) The 2 I have burning now, orange clove and vanilla voodoo. I started with a CD 6 for VV as per directed 1 size down from base wick. Burned all right but with a small flame and a tiny bit of hang up. So I remade them with CD6 and 8. There almost done burning and the 6 has enough stuck to the sides Im not happy with it again, the 8 seems a little hot to the touch. - how hot should the glass get when burning at the bottom??? Feels hotter then the 6 tell ya that. Then the orange clove, started with a CD10- seemed kinda hot, tried CD 10 and 8. 10 already put self out (decent burn time though) 1 of the 8s is perfect :) butttttt the other has some wax on the sides I wouldnt like to see if selling. Well I'll quit my rant for now

Then long story short for the metros - my only guess is the butterfly chunks I lay (after heat gunning so the set in a bit) in the top of the wax threw the burns off - they were a little thick probably somewhere between a 1/2 and 1/4 in now they are between 1/8 to 1/4. A couple burned fine in both jars. Some though 1 jar is great other poor, and others both jars are pooo. My only guess is to start over - make all the FO in the same wick I had figured to be correct then go up or down from there. I feel bad I have 4 shops that I ended up in just out of word of mouth. They have both been waiting soooooo patiently and even covering the booth fees till I am ready. I told them I WOULDNT put anything in there until I was fully satisfied with the results. Now it looks like I have to let them down another month :embarasse

Anyone that took the time to read this book and has some input feel free to share. Otherwise pretty much just put this out there for some newbies to get a feel for how this is not a cut and dry craft.

and thank you all --- you have all been so great with helping. :)