Wicking nightmare after wicking nightmare to try and get exactly the burn I have been wanting, I FINALLY got my samples from Wick It....I waited for what seemed to be forever...and I have to say I am extremely impressed. I have only tested three sizes so far, but there is something about these wicks that deliver a much cleaner burn.

Does anyone here use these wicks?

I received a sample of the wicks several days ago and will be testing this weekend. I was surprised at how many wicks samples were sent. I use a parafin/soy blend wax and noticed the wicks I received were for a parafin base wax. I think I read correctly that I will probably need to wick up. I will post my results.

Not sure if this will help you...but in the 30(Soy)/70(Paraffin) blend, 1.2 oz Black Vetiver Cafe in the 8oz tumbler (2.5 inch diameter)I tried the 625,630 and 635. 3/4 down ( 3 hour burn intervals) I had some smoke/soot on the jar with the 630 and 635. The 625 is looking good, but I will be trying the 615 and 620 next.So really, according to the recommendations, I will be wicking DOWN.

Wicking nightmare after wicking nightmare to try and get exactly the burn I have been wanting, I FINALLY got my samples from Wick It....I waited for what seemed to be forever...and I have to say I am extremely impressed. I have only tested three sizes so far, but there is something about these wicks that deliver a much cleaner burn.

Does anyone here use these wicks?

They sent me the 700's rather than the 600's (I use para mostly) and we have been very impressed with the clean burn. The only problem we are having is when we first light the double wicked apothecary's, cutting the wick back to 1/4", the flame is very large and we get smoke. When we blew them out, trimmed them WAY BACK (probably more like 1/8"), they burned like a charm...and have continued to do so. We are going to try to wick down....and I really cannot see our customers cutting the wicks back that far, so we are very much still in the testing phase of these...

I have emailed them to ask if this is normal - that they need to be cut back so far.

Have you noticed that at all? Maybe I should try the 600's and see if I have better luck and save these for the soy candles.....

I've been testing the 700's in my soy wax and I like the clean burn. I used a 765 in an 8 oz. mason, EZSoy wax, watermelon FO 1 oz. pp, colored light pink. This burns like a dream. I'm almost down to the bottom now and have a nice, clean jar with no black residue whatsoever.

I use these wick's (superiors) I also love them. Yes they do give you a cleaner burn, and also they are the closest thing to a true self trimming wick I've found. I've tried just about every wick out there & these are by far my favorites. I almost wish you all wouldn't find out about them because it's like one of my little secrets this way. :D j/k

Karen B

I got the 700 series samples a couple of weeks ago too and I think they are really one of the best wick types I have tried in soy.

I was trying to find a wick for the jars that I have been using. I was really trying to single wick them and finally realized that was not going to happen and started testing for double wicks with this series. Now I find out that I will have to be changing jars since I won't be getting these anymore. Back to square one. But I do love these wicks and will be using them when I find the jar I want to use next.

I am reporting in on these....AWESOME. So far I have had two 4 hour burn sessions....wow! The best wicks yet. I do have to say they do mushroom, but the burn is so even and the wicks don't fall over to the side like the HTP did in this new blend I am trying.

I think I have found my combo.