Monster Spray question

mommyof1

Ok, I first saw this product several months ago and since then I still have the same question/concern. This is a product for kids, right? Well what happens if they 1) spray it in their eyes 2) spray it in their mouths or worse, drink it 3) get it on their hands and rub their eyes, or 4) any numerous things that children do??? I do not mean any disrespect at all - the concept is very cute. I just have concerns as to the safety of this. Guess it's the momma coming out in me :undecided

Well I don't make it, but I would assume part of the warning would be "keep away from children and pets". I thought it was something that the adult would control, THEY would spray it for the child. Am I wrong? I'd never let a child take control of something like that.

I'm assuming that it is something to be used with adult supervision, but how many would actually use it that way. I can just see a parent sending a child to bed with it so that when they get scared they can "spray the monsters away". So many people don't watch their kids as closely as they should.

We all know how well people read warnings, lol. I do injected bears and have "keep away from children and pets" all over the things and still have people wanting to buy them for their kids. Even had one mother that had bought one for herself ask if she could give it to her baby to play with once the scent was gone :shocked2: When I explained to her why that was a bad idea and that that was the reason I had "KEEP AWAY FROM CHILDREN AND PETS" on the warning label, she said "Oh, I never even bothered to read that." :rolleyes2

Well I don't make it, but I would assume part of the warning would be "keep away from children and pets". I thought it was something that the adult would control, THEY would spray it for the child. Am I wrong? I'd never let a child take control of something like that.

LOL, Grumpy Girl! Guess you aren't a Steven King fan, then, huh?

Believe it or not, I used to be a HUGE fan. I read and re-read almost everything he'd written while I was in middle and high school, until I stumbled upon "IT". I haven't opened a book of his since.

I made some of this for my daughter. It's a fantastic concept - wish I had come up with it. We have a ritual of spraying (I do the spraying) in certain areas of her room every night. When she's wanted to spray I push her finger down - she's never been able to do it herself. That said, I'd never put her to bed with it or hand it over...