Cheep soap making Items

Livelovebath

well im not sure if your meaning oils and stuff. but Ill let you all in on a little secret. I needed something for my smaller batches (tester 2.5lbs) so I searched and searched and found (at Family Dollar) Their little wooden wine boxes with hinged lid were a perfect shape and size for a log mod and the average size bar! plus they are usually painted on the outsie so they are pretty and decorative when not in use at $3.00 ea. You cant beat the price!!LOL

heres a link to what they look like (my camera battery is dead or id take a pic of mine ihave several)

http://cgi.ebay.com/VERY-NICE-WOODEN-WINE-BOTTLE-GIFT-BOX_W0QQitemZ4452800490QQcategoryZ115712QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

ive also had mine made by 1x4's crafty! nice to have a handy man huh!LOL

Vegetable peeler for beveling, cheese slicer for cutting, every single utensil in the drawer some how some way used in soap or B&B! (Well, expect the BBQ tools...lol)

And yes, homemade molds are just the best! Got 4 molds for the price of 1!

Why Bunny, you can use at clean BBQ brush for coating a mold with olive oil if you dont line it! LOL see you can use almost everything;)

Also Forgot to add for round molds.. Besides pringle cans you can use tall crystal light containers for small batches and pvc pipe for large

square molds tall butter milk/half containers

The $1 bag of bamboo skewers - bend one in half and use for a swirler - like doing 2 at once.

Decorative wall molding for wooden soap dishes.

Transparency film for lining molds (and I have a sneaking suspicion I can use this for a clear label as well - I just noticed it's for laser printers, how cool is that!)

Transparency film ware do you get this at.

LUV my liners made from these things!

You can get transparencies at Walmart, Staples...any office supply. I would reccomend you do not get the ones for inkjet as they have a film on them...but it can be washed off if you cant find anything else.

I have used the same liner for over a yr now....just lay it in the sink and wash it off...easy as pie!

Pastry scrapers....got them at the Dollar tree...stainless steel. Looks just like my regular straight soap cutter.

16oz disposable plastic cups. Great to measure out Lye in.

Dryer sheets.....take one and rub the rim of your disposible cup...NO MORE JUMPING LYE!!!!:D

Great ideas all! lets keep going.

I like to use plastic packaging (the stuff that holds your product to the cardboard) I have one that comes off of makeup from the dollar store... i dont use the make up I just bought it for the packaging lol still a cheap mold for a buck!

I don't know about cheap, but one thing I use all the time to hack off bits off hard butters is my heavy duty lasagna cutter. It's a spatula on steroids that never bends. Much safer for me to use than a knife.:)

I use the smaller 5 oz. paper cups to measure out lye. Works like a charm.

(I need to get some of those rubbermaid drawer dividers!)

I found transparency film at Kmart but you can get it at any office supply store.

My first batches of soap were made in wooden Jewlry boxes. I found them in an antique store (brand new) and they wanted $2.50 each. They were unfinished, ready to decorate. They held 1lb each and made bars 3" long and 2" tall.