Looking for a Tool

I'm not Candleman, but I know, I know!! *bounces up and down and waves hand* You crimped it too hard. There's a very fine line between getting it crimped enough and crimping it so much that the tab bends. Trust me, I know this one by heart!

Candleman.. When I used the straight edges ones, the wick tab bent just enough to not lay flat on thebottom of the glass. What in the heck did I do wrong?

And Mystical.. That's what I was talkin about! "Answer with care" my butt!

For awhile I thought I was involved in dirty novel entitled "Inuendo"...lol....I love Firemountaingems.....they have the kind of crimper you can use for crimping wick tabs....What Top is talking about falls into a complete different category....more like "I'll show you mine if you show me yours".....he he he Donita;)

Candleman.. When I used the straight edges ones, the wick tab bent just enough to not lay flat on thebottom of the glass. What in the heck did I do wrong?

Same problem here. I know I need to get a jewelry crimper, just never did.

Wow....between this and the two tasty noobs that got chewed up and spit out we've had some lively threads! :laugh2:

I've just used plain old needle nosed pliers, and I have to be careful not to crimp too hard. If I do crimp too hard, I will use same pliers to reshape the tab to lie flat. That may be more work than necessary, but I've never been one to do things the easy way :undecided

geek

!

IMHO you cripmed too close to the base. Skootch up a notch and it shouldn't bend the base.

Do you have a Michael's near you? You can pick this up for about $12.95 if I remember correctly. If you get their 40% off coupon that would be a deal. I use this for both jewelry and wicks.

http://www.michaels.com/art/online/displayProductPage?productNum=bd0002

Thank you for the info. :)

I didn't even think about Michaels. I'll check the paper this Sunday for the coupon. Even without it- the price is right.