wick moving,why?

I am doing 8 oz. jelly jars. My wicks are hot glued and are in the middle. They really look good but when you burn them awhile the wick will move over more to the side . Is my wax too hot when I pore and my glue coming lose or what. I can look at the bottom of the jar and it is in the middle. I really need some help on this. Hope someone can tell me what to do. Thanks Tulip:confused:

Do you pull your wick tight and straight when you pour and keep it that way as it sets up? Maybe it's falling over to the side a bit as it sets up, but still looks centered at the top. I elastic together 2 chopsticks and use them to hold the wick centered and tight until it's all set up.

Yes I have the inside of the lid I pull my wick thru a hole drilled in the top . Pull it tight thru a popcycle stick and clamp it with a paper clip. There is no way it can move. That is why I don't understand how it is moving to the side.

Tulip

If your wick is still attached at the bottom, you should be OK. You are using a primed wick, correct? Some are stiffer than others. Is this happening when you let the jar burn for a long time, so that there is a good amount of liquid wax? After you extinguish the flame, gently straighten the wick.

e

You never mentioned what kind of wick you're using. As eugenia pointed out, some are stiffer than others and those tend to be better for containers, as are wicks that are primed with a high melt point wax. None of them will necessarily stay absolutely still and if you have an unusually deep melt pool they might move even more.