MP problem with shelf life

tx twister

HI, I have gift sets made up of MP Celtic design ovals, lotion & gel. After 6 months on shelf, yes AC is on, the soaps are fading a bit and there are droplets on top of the soaps. They are wrapped in plastic wrap from Sam's and are also inside a gift box with shred. Don't look too cool. Do you have the same problem? What can you do to solve it? Thanks for your input.:confused:

you can take the soaps out of the wrappings and wipe them down with rubbing alcohol and set them directly in front of the a/c and see if that helps.

what kind of colorant did you use? some of the liquid colors do tend to fade, even if the soaps are not in the sun.

hth,

cheryl

Glycerin draws moisture out of the air, and if the wrap is not air tight, that is where the beads of moisture are coming from. Do like Cheryl said and take them out of the wrap, wipe 'em down and let them dry - then you might want to re-wrap in something air tight. I don't know what to say about the fading issue, mine don't seem to do that or I don't have any that have been arount too long to tell.

I agree..I would unwrap and wipe with alcohol...Then rewrap..You could always cut them into chunks then place them in a new mold and add fresh MP(another color) over them...in a fresh mold..TKB trading has colors that don't bleed..However, don't know about fading..Never had that with there's and I have had some scrap soap up to two years old...however just tryed some new stuff and the purple and pink fade..(this was from another company):) Linda

Don't mean to hi-jack your thread but I had a problem w/ color turning. I messed up on some M&P I was using (accidentally boiled in the microwave) so I poured in a soap mold to see what would happen to soap as I didn't want to use it in the project I was doing. I added FO and red and yellow B&B dye to make peach and 2 weeks later the soap has turned brown. Was that from boiling or the FO I used?? :undecided

I messed up on some M&P I was using (accidentally boiled in the microwave) so I poured in a soap mold to see what would happen to soap as I didn't want to use it in the project I was doing. I added FO and red and yellow B&B dye to make peach and 2 weeks later the soap has turned brown. Was that from boiling or the FO I used?? :undecided

On the few occasions when I've overheated the m&p while melting it, I've never had it turn brown - the over heated soap almost always sweated like crazy though once it was out of the mold. So I'm not sure that would do it :confused: My guess would be that the fo used had a percentage of vanilla in it and that's what caused the browning. The fo's that I use that have any vanilla in them always turn the m&p anywhere from tan to brown (even when using a different soap colorant). Takes anywhere from a few days to several weeks. I had a great raspberry fo that I used to make a raspberry embed soap (embedded raspberry soaps in a clear pink soap bar) Had them for a long time and the color never changed on them as far as I could tell. The raspberry fo was (at least it smelled like) a straight raspberry fo - no vanilla. Last weekend I was at my sisters and saw one of the raspberry soaps on her bathroom counter - it was the ugliest horrid brown I'd ever seen :undecided

Lisa