Clamshells.....

I am switching from individual was melts to the clamshells. They seem much easier. I would like to know though what most of you call them on the labeling melts or clamshells. Some people may not know what clamshells are, I didn't before I started making candles.

I would also appreciate any pics that you could post of your clamshell packages, so that I can get some ideas for my label. I think I have it made already. It will be the same as I use on my other items.

I would like to show my label, but I make it in print shop and am not sure how to add it to this post.

TIA....Amy

Amy, go to the archive files and do a search in the gallery going back 365 days. Just enter clamshell. Lots of great pictures there. I think most folks called them melts. I call mine wax potpourri. Of course the customer doesn't know what that is either.

I am switching from individual was melts to the clamshells. They seem much easier. I would like to know though what most of you call them on the labeling melts or clamshells. Some people may not know what clamshells are, I didn't before I started making candles.

Definitely don't label them clamshells. That refers to this type of packaging, with a hinged end and 2 pieces of plastic that close like a clam to enclose the product. It doesn't refer to the melts themselves. Lots of things are sold in clamshell packaging.

• 4 months later...
Melties. No matter what you call them, they wont understand what it is until you explain it to them. I go through an entire speal every time.

6 pack, break one off, add to burner, yada yada.

Hey Carmen - where do you get the tart clamshells from??