TX Candle Conference or Soapmakers Convention?

daniedb

Which one are you going to? I live just outside of SA, but my in-laws live in the Houston area, so I could theoretically go to either. Which one are you going to, and why? If I don't make soap, but I make other B&B (but I love handcrafted soap), will I even have fun at the Soapmakers Convention? And I also saw that the Soapmakers website says to bring some handcrafted items to show off? Do you just bring a sampling of your line to share your stuff with others? I'm a dork at this sort of thing.

I am also new at making B&B and soap. I signed up as a member on the Texas Soapmaker Association in January. I know they have some guestspeakers signed up including someone from Brambleberry. They have not posted the entire schedule yet, I hear that is to be in the next few days. If you have not read up on it yet, I have read the ones in previous years have been wonderful. I am still waiting to see what all is going to be happening before I make a decision. I know that Siberia from this board is also a member, so you might drop her a line. I don't know if she has been in previous years, if so, she might can give you some more insight.

Anyone else have an answer yet? I'm leaning toward the Soapmakers, just because it's close to me. While my son (2 years, 3 months) has spent the night a few times at his grandparents' house (1 block away, LOL!), I've never left him for longer than a few hours at a time, and I'm really looking forward to a mini vacation!

Sherie and I are planning on the Soapmakers Conference. If she can swing the time off, we want to drive down to Lufkin to say "hey" to everyone at the candlemaking conference, but we are not planning on attending the actual candlemaking conference, as it stands right now. I can only afford to attend one and I feel like I would get more out of the Soapmakers Conference. They are supposed to be posting more specifics about the conference very soon. :D