Finally used my slab mold!

This is scented with Greenleaf's Grapefruit Watermelon. Soaped like a dream and smells just divine. My swirls didn't make it all the way to the bottom but oh well, I'm learning :) I wouldn't have EVER soaped without you guys! Brenda, I may have to try the mandoline on the tops of these, thanks for the tip (another kitchen utensil bites the CP/candle/B&B dust, lol).

[ATTACH]5544[/ATTACH]

post-2475-139458397133_thumb.jpg

The scent sounds marvelous and the color is awesome! :)

Yay! Kitchen utensils are better used for all manner of personal care products than for their intended purpose! (Not a cook here - only do it when I have to.:o ) If you try shaving off a thin layer of the top, post a pic so we can see how it turns out!

Jealous of your color....

:) Just remembered to ask: How do you like working with the slab mold?

This FO is seriously yummy. It worked super in my candles too, just a very strong scent.

I like the slab mold a lot. Very precise bars, easier to play with coloring. I messed up the tops & edges of this batch through various errors but I now know what NOT to do, lol. The divots on the tops may just be too deep to slice off (my heating towel smushed the top of the soap during gel accidentally) and make smooth. Next time I guess :) The rough top just gives it character (or at least that's what I'm telling myself, lol).