Need Help Figuring %

I know this has been discussed before but everything I searched didn't really have an answer. Here is the ? if I am making a 16oz batch and I am using 6% FO, my figures are .06*16=.96 FO, .94*16=15.04 oz wax do you have to add in the figure for color chips? This is confusing, once these are gone I am going to liquid. If I do need to add the color into the equation how would one go about doing this? I am using GB 415 wax if that helps any.

Thank you for any help you can give me...this is just driving me nuts.

Heather

I wouldn't worry about the chip unless you have a special reason to. Just chuck it in.

You CAN include color in a percentage formula and that can be very useful for consistent color across batches of any size. If you wanted to do that you would actually define the amount of color as a percentage and then weigh it out according to whatever size batch you might be making. Color blocks are especially good to use that way, though you could also cut up the chips.

Thank you so much Top... that is what I thought as long as I have my formula I can just write down that I added #blue chips and # pink to come up with who knows what color (this is just an example I have never mixed the two together to see what it comes up with) and as long as I consistently use the same formula and # of chips I will get the same candle.

ETA: Thanks Crafty... sometimes I think faster then I type. LOL I meant that if say I am using french vanilla FO I will compensate on my color for the golden color FO, but that every time I make that batch the amount of color would be the same to the ratio of FO and wax.