Got some sample jars from FancyCandleJars....

Michi

WOW that was quick!! I emailed them just last week.

So when the UPS guy pulled up, my son says, "mommy we're getting a package!" I'm thinking, "nope, not us, I didn't order anything, believe it or not!" LOL

So, out walks the UPS guy holding a USPS Priority Box :confused: HUH? WIERD. (I'm pretty sure that's illegal right?) Obviously the UPS people didn't have a problem with it. ??

It was the metro jar samples I requested. :whoohoo:

I really like the bigger jar (12oz??) but the smaller one (8oz??) doesn't have the same bottom as the larger one, which kind of bums me out. :(

Also, why oh why don't they make a larger jar like this? Every site that sells these only has these same two sizes, and I just think they should make a larger one, say a 16oz. at least. The 12oz. one just looks small to me.

Anyone else receive samples of these, and did your smaller jar not have a defined bottom rim?

My husband really liked the larger jar style, he thought it'd make a great drinking glass. LOL :rolleyes: I guess it does kind of look like a stein if it had a handle on it huh?

Anyway, I just thought I'd mention how fast I got my samples from them.

I guess I'll go ahead and test with them and see what I think, maybe that little one will grow on me??

I received the 8oz metro jar as well. I know what you mean by the bottom not having the 'lip'. Does the 12oz jar have the defined bottom?

I have the metro jars from Libbey and love them. I was hoping I could use fancyjars.com. I'm still on the fence:undecided

I got mine yesterday too. I got the frosted 8oz and the bigger jar which is 14oz I think the web site says, The bigger jar looks BIG to me compared to my 9oz hex jars i am using now. I am going to test these over the weekend. I am just not sure which wick to use yet.

Patricia

...before I knew I could have requested samples!! I love the 12-oz but, like you, I was disappointed with the look of the 8-oz. Luckily I didn't order as many of them as the 12s (which I love but haven't got my wick worked out yet).

I definitely think the 12 oz jars are keepers but won't order any more of the 8-oz.

Jane

I received the 8oz metro jar as well. I know what you mean by the bottom not having the 'lip'. Does the 12oz jar have the defined bottom?

I have the metro jars from Libbey and love them. I was hoping I could use fancyjars.com. I'm still on the fence:undecided

I think the Libbey jars are definitely nicer (the rim on the bottom of the 12 oz is a little more pronounced and it is a heavier jar). I'm still trying to decide what I want to do because the Libbey ones cost a bit more.

The Jar Store has the 8oz. with the base like the 12.5oz. I got samples in while I was gone. She also sent me a 3oz. "baby metro" that is cute as hell. I'm not sure which price is better though, I haven't compared them yet.

Did your 3 oz come with a lid? We got some 3oz votive holders that are quite similar to the metro jar, but can't find a lid to fit them.

I have both sets from the Jar Store and Fancy Candle Jars and noticed that the 8 oz bottom from fancy is not as prodominant as the one from the jar store.

Yup, they did come with a lid. Adorable little jars, but I'm not sure if it's something that I would include in my line or not. It would definitely be a nice alternative to doing votives, but more expensive. I think I was told they will come 48 to a case... but I don't remember.

I am going to have to take another look at the 8 oz metro I received - I thought it looked just like the 12 oz! The "mini-metro" 3 oz is just adorable! I need to check the prices also...not sure how cost-effective they will be.