English Bath Cubes

After I thought about these for a while I was thinking they were the different scents of little square bath cubes that come in the sets when I was a kid. Been a few years on that one lol. Anyway, as I was thinking about them it seems that they were pretty much just baking soda, fo . Kind of like a bath bomb but I don’t remember them fizzing.

Does anyone remember those? Don’t know if you can still find them or not.

I remember them:D As a matter of fact, that's what I thought she was talking about, too. Seems like they were wrapped in gold foil with a cigar band-type wrapper over that with the scent name (always something floral) and a picture. They were really cute (and cheap:grin2: ); seems like a box with about 6 used to be less than $2.

I remember them:D As a matter of fact, that's what I thought she was talking about, too. Seems like they were wrapped in gold foil with a cigar band-type wrapper over that with the scent name (always something floral) and a picture. They were really cute (and cheap:grin2: ); seems like a box with about 6 used to be less than $2.

Yep, that's what they are, except she's talking about "homemade" ones. ;)

I remember getting those all the time as a kid, along with the bath oil beads.

I used to love to smash those beads in the tub-LOL My mom would say, "where are my bath beads??" :eek: :tiptoe: LOL

English Bath Cubes are Sodium Quadcarbonate, Corn Starch, Mineral Oil and FO.

There is a difference between regular Baking Soda (sodium bicarbonate) and what they use.

I tried making these last year. You need a cube form as ice cube trays won't work. Now that I think about it, clamshells would be perfect. You make them the same as you would non-fizzy bath bombs. BUT make sure your molds are 100% dry or you will NEVER get them out! Ask me how I know that one..LOL.

Anyway, these little suckers are a PIA to make...go to the Dollar Tree and buy all they've got, it will save you time and frustration and the scents are pretty nice. Lavender, Hyacinth and something else...Rose I think.