Charcoal? In soap

lindsaycb

I have never made one but like you said their are quite a few companies that do. The LUSH version has charcoal powder in it. Charcoal is supposed to pull impurities from the skin.

I have always thought that it was cool but I do not want to sell it. I stay out of things that make claims....

I would make some for myself though if I needed it. :)

Grinding charcoal is seriously HARD to do. Is there a powdered form?

Black salve...now I have to go reading on this one.

So I did some reading...and YUCK...check out this article

http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/Cancer/eschar.html

My stomach is just grossed out! Then I found this other article talking about a woman's mold that she put black salve on...it swells up & falls off!

Whoa.. Not to all who have weak stomachs.. Don't click there..

I just don't think we're talking about the same black salve here.. The one I'm talking about is sold even at Wal Mart - although it's back behind the counter. It is drawing.. But used on boils and such (which is a huge problem down here since the hurricane.. I think something really is in the water).

So strange that black salve would be a topic today. My daughter was just asking me if I had any last night-haven't used it in years. She slipped in the woods and fell into crabapple tree and had a thorn stuck in a sensitive part of her upper body for several days- OOOOOOOOH;) . We had the salve years ago when she was little and it did work well for drawing splinters and such. We even used to use it in a nursing home I worked at for decubitus ulcers(Bed sores).

Glo

Grinding charcoal is seriously HARD to do. Is there a powdered form?

Black salve...now I have to go reading on this one.

So I did some reading...and YUCK...check out this article

http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/Cancer/eschar.html

My stomach is just grossed out! Then I found this other article talking about a woman's mold that she put black salve on...it swells up & falls off!

YUKKKKKKKK!!!!!! that pic was GROSS :tongue2: :lipsrseal What stupid person would buy a "remedy" from outta the country like that w/out knowing anything about it. How scarey- that we put our faith in "professionals' " hands to have something like that happen :undecided