Titanium dioxide needed

I have a pound of the one for soap, I ordered it from Angie at the herbarie and she said they were different because the one you use for soap will leave a white paste like on the skin. It will look like the stuff you see on the life guards nose at the beach. I was told there is a micronized titanium dioxide used for lotions. This is all knew to me. I just started making lotions. Thanks anyway for the info.

ahhh....I read your query earlier and wondered if you were asking about micronized TD.

This is not a simple problem to solve. There are some controversies relating to micronized TD. I think my first question is what is the purpose of your wanting to use TD in your formula?

I need it in my lotions because the malibu tubes I use is letting the light turn my lotions yellow. I have had a time trying to figure this out. I know it is the light because it only turns on the side facing the light. I was told it is oxidizing so if I put the titanium dioxide in there it will help block the light. I am going to try the regular TD and see what happens. I only have to use such a small amout it probably wont make a difference as far as how my lotions feel. I dont think it will leave a white residue. The only way I will know is to TRY. So my question now is do I add it to the oil phase or the water ? TIA

I don't make lotion, I use a base and have the same problem with certain FOs, is this what your talking about or is it something special w/ homemade bases? If its the FO you can use http://www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com/StoreCategory.aspx?CategoryID=1005&CategoryName=Vanilla+Browning+Neutralizer. If this is the problem will TD help?? I know when I dye my lotions they still turn brown if I don't use a stabilizer.