Clear Labels

Holly

For those of you who use clear labels do you use the ones that have a slight frost tone to it when it adheres to the glass? Where do you get yours? I have been searching and for some reason I only see the ones that are suppose to have a slight frost look to it. I am not sure if these are the ones that I have seen on candles in the picture section. I am thinking about ordering them from Planet Label but want to make sure they are right. They sure are expensive. Does anyone have any advise on this? Thanks! :)

Thanks MizBizzy. I think I checked there and it may have been they did not have the right size or shape, and I wanted them real soon and they would come from Florida. I will check their site again. Thanks! :)

The Clear Gloss Vinyl labels from Planet Label are crystal clear. I ordered a sample of these, tried it out & they were great. I have an inkjet and it dried instantly. I'm reluctant in actually ordering these because I had these for a couple months just sitting there on my desk. I actually checked these out yesterday, and the edges of the labels and the entire sheet are starting to come up. It hasn't been really hot in the room so I'm not sure why they do that. I can't print on these anymore because they don't flatten back out. I'm wondering if that would eventually happen to the candle once it is placed on there. Maybe somebody knows the answer?

Any labels I've seen at an office supply are frosted.

Thanks everyone for your help. I ended up placing an order with "Labels by the Sheet" that Wicked1 PM'd me about. Since I am not sure how I want to label these jars or how, I did not want to have to buy a whole box if I could get around it. They have fast shipping too.

Angela, thanks for the note regarding the clear vinyl ones. I was looking under the transparent ones and they have a frost look to it.

Daisy, I have looked at the supply stores in my area but they did not have the right shapes or sizes. It sure would help if they would carry more options. Thanks for the suggestion just the same. I will check and see what other stores are around here that may have more selection.

Anyway, I will see how these will look on these two different types of jars.

Thanks again everyone.

~Holly

Angela-I had the vinyl labels from Planet Label for my 4 oz. low profile jars for scrubs. After a few months they started curling on the sheets and I have noticed on the few jars I have left that I used them on that they are curling away from the jar on those too. It seems like the vinyl is too thick. I have about 12 or 13 sheets now of labels that I can't use and they are not cheap!

The Clear Gloss Vinyl labels from Planet Label are crystal clear. I ordered a sample of these, tried it out & they were great. I have an inkjet and it dried instantly. I'm reluctant in actually ordering these because I had these for a couple months just sitting there on my desk. I actually checked these out yesterday, and the edges of the labels and the entire sheet are starting to come up. It hasn't been really hot in the room so I'm not sure why they do that. I can't print on these anymore because they don't flatten back out. I'm wondering if that would eventually happen to the candle once it is placed on there. Maybe somebody knows the answer?

Any labels I've seen at an office supply are frosted.

Thanks for the input regarding those particular ones curling up. I will remember that. I have never used any type of clear label yet, so I have not experienced anything like that. I do know though that some of the Body Shop's clear thick vinyl labels do that on their bottles -- curl at the corners and will not adhere back down. I think it is mainly the ones that are on bottles that are suppose to be in the shower. It drives me nuts. :undecided