Avacado 15%

Mango B 5%

Hemp Oil 10%

PKO 20%

Soybean 15%

.8 oz Peak's Patchouli

Lye 68g

Water 172g

This soap is sooooo soft, like heavy frosting soft. 24 hrs in the mold and when I took it out it was like a nicely molded brick of crisco. I've made 100% castile that wasnt this soft :lipsrseal I'm wondering if the hemp oil (first time I've used it) makes that much of difference, but at only 10% I can't see it being that. I checked and rechecked and cannot figure where I went wrong. I always measure and check twice before I go on to next ingredient. Ive run the recipie thru the lye calc again and it came up the same. Any ideas from all of you pro's out there :confused: :confused:

TIA for any ideas you might have.

Edited for spelling & grammar

I don't see any reason it would be soft other than the amount of water. I use hemp oil and it shouldn't be a problem.

Should be fine with a good cure

You might want to try discounting the water next time lye x 2

Is your humidity especially high now?

Maybe somewhat higher, it is somewhat damp outside the last few days, but the furnace is still running everyday and we have that built in humidifier/dehumid. that keeps the humidity level pretty steady inside :undecided

I just whipped another batch and will see if I have a different outcome. Will be interesting to see. Thx Crafty :D

Mary, ran your numbers, iodine is in the low 60's so this should have been a nice hard batch. Try Gene's suggestion. Here's a link for you, 33% is a good number. DCWP

That was an interesting link E....my solution strength came out to be 28.09% Hmmmm. something else to think about :D I've bookmarked that ;)

Crafty....I did think about my scale and have replaced the battery BUT I did that second batch before this came to mind. The second batch has been in the mold for 6 hrs now and showing no sign of the softness of the first batch. Makes me feel even more senile :undecided I bet I've gone over that recipie 20 times....good Lord, why did I think this soaping was a good pastime? :tiptoe:

Did you buy chance leave your container that holds your lye open? If you did and the humidity is up in your area, it's possible that the lye absorbed moisture from the air, which would have caused the lye amount to be off and could result in a softer bar (because it's way superfatted then and does produce a much softer bar).