I HATE washing my molds!

I should be washing my molds right now.... but I am posting here so I can put it off for a few more minutes! LOL

I use plastic tart molds.... and there is no easy way to clean them. I tried the warm oven, but it just melted the molds.

I have to dunk them in a pot of hot water, wipe out the wax.... then wash them using extra hot saopy water. It takes forever to get the wax out of the little crevices. :(

Anyone want to come over and wash my molds for me? PLEASE!!! LOL If it wastn't for the whole "wax clogging the drain" thing- these puppies would SOOO be in the dishwasher!

I would pitch them and get some metal molds. Those sound like such a PITA. I have metal ones and just love them...

I would in a HEART BEAT.... but the molds are heart shaped and I have not been able to find them in metal. :(

(notice I am back on here reading instead of washing!!!)

Yes plastic molds can be a PIA. See if you can find silicone rubber molds close to the same shape/size. They last a very long time and very easy to clean up.

I found one at Wal-Mart it is a silicone ice tray called card ice shapes. I has all the suites of the cards on it 3-each which includes hearts.

I found them around the paper towel isle.

I hate the plastic molds for tarts as well. I found some really nice ones on eBay and they have heart molds as well. Try looking under crafts-candle and soap making! You may find something you love and I think you may even be able to buy them through a guest account if you don't have one of your own! Good luck!

Yes plastic molds can be a PIA. See if you can find silicone rubber molds close to the same shape/size. They last a very long time and very easy to clean up.

I found one at Wal-Mart it is a silicone ice tray called card ice shapes. I has all the suites of the cards on it 3-each which includes hearts.

I found them around the paper towel isle.

Just saw those today...they looked very cool and I bet they would be perfect for tarts...I knew I was missing something when I checked out...lol.:laugh2: