Wicking the greenleaf 70/30

I am really liking the cold/hot throw of this wax, but really not liking the wicking. Or maybe its just my lame jars, I dont know. I read somewhere back that people might be double wicking with this wax. I am trying to wick (single if possible) an 8oz tin, and the 12oz metro jar. So I have tried most of the LXs for the metro and ecos for the tin, but nothing is working. I am not getting a full MP by the 3rd burns, and mushrooms are forming on the LXs. The ecos burn to one side, but I am usure if they will catch up in later burns. But they are leaving quite a bit of hangup. So far I have had reasonable results with an lx24 in the tin, but am at a loss for the metro jar. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I have an 8 oz sq. tin burning right now. I used 2 LX-8's and I'm getting a great burn so far. For the 4oz jelly jar I used and LX-16 in one and LX-18. This is with 1.5 oz Vanilla Bean Noel. At first I thought I would have to wick up but towards the bottom of the jars the 18 was too big and the 16 caught up so there was no wax left on the jar. On anything 3" dia. and above I would rather double wick than worry about hang up or soot. Also this is the first time the LX have mushroomed on me ( big ugly ones ) I'm going to start testing the eco 6 in the 8 oz metro today.

I am really liking the cold/hot throw of this wax, but really not liking the wicking. Or maybe its just my lame jars, I dont know. I read somewhere back that people might be double wicking with this wax. I am trying to wick (single if possible) an 8oz tin, and the 12oz metro jar. So I have tried most of the LXs for the metro and ecos for the tin, but nothing is working. I am not getting a full MP by the 3rd burns, and mushrooms are forming on the LXs. The ecos burn to one side, but I am usure if they will catch up in later burns. But they are leaving quite a bit of hangup. So far I have had reasonable results with an lx24 in the tin, but am at a loss for the metro jar. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I would suggest either emailing Brenda at Greenleaf or going over to the Invision Power Board and posting your problem. Brenda is great and will help you work through any of your wicking problems. :D

Thanks Sheila for your post I will try to double wick the tin and see if that works better. As for the LX wicks I have been getting mushrooms as well. Right now I am trying an LX 24 in the 8oz, but it is not getting a full MP by the first burn. I will try 2 and 3 to see if it catches up. I posted on the invision site and no one there seemed to have any suggestions.

How much FO are you using? And what are you using for color? I've been having good luck with the LX wicks and this wax in the metro jars so far. I didn't care for the ECO wicks for me. I'm still doing lots of testing but I think I'm pretty happy with the LX wicks. I've been testing the LX18 and LX20 in the 12 oz metros.

I have tested a couple of FO's in the 12 oz salsa jars which are about 3 inches in diameter and on the two so far I am getting good melt pools with the Eco-10. One is a vanilla and one is a spicy pear. There is small hangup but it has caught up. HTH

I also burn these 3-1/2 to 5 hours at a time. Yesterday I burned 6 hours.

In the Metro jar I tried an ECO 10 which smoked and tunneled. I tried the LX 22,24 which both gave big mushrooms and smoked a bit. I am going to try an Eco 8 again. I also tried a CD 18 which gave huge mushrooms.

I did not dye the candles, but I think that I may have used too much FO. That is what is causing the smoking and mushrooms. I used 8-9% with some lighter scents. Next time I am going to use 6-7% and see how that goes. I think that is most of my problem

The Eco4 and Eco6 are working for me in the 8oz Metro Jars. I am having problems wicking the 12oz Metro....but Brenda is going to try and help us out with that jar. I don't care much for the Eco's and might switch over to a comparable CD, but for now that is what's working for me. :D