Bought some GE silicone....

The main purpose is to adhere my tealight wicks to the aluminum cups...pesky lil devils I tell ya

Do I need to let this silicone "cure" or "set up" for any length of time?

Thanks for your help everyone

Connie:D

Tara is correct about an hour or so...you got the 100% GE silicone? One time not to long ago I got the door and window stuff (white tube with blue stuff on it) figuring what could be the difference? Wicked a whole 100 jars for an order...ended up pulling them all out and had to clean them with alcohol, the stuff never stook!! lol...talk about throwing a nutty

They say it's no longer sticky after about 30 minutes, but takes 24 hours to fully cure. I don't know the implications of pouring wax before it's fully cured. I've been wondering if it continues to release anything that gets into the wax.

Nope it does not. This was discussed way back when. I had the same questions. It is okay to use after it is adhered. Although I usually wait more than an hour to make sure it wont unglue when I tug on the wicks to straighten them. The shortest time I have waited was about 3 hours. I get my jars by the pallet, so I usually wick about 50 cases or so at a time. ;)