How many

I usually try to pour 8 candles of the same scent with the 8 oz jelly jars. 3 lbs will let me do eight for one scent. I have 5 pour pots, so I can pour quite a few in a few hours. But I don't have a business so I hardly ever pour that amount anymore.

If I pour the whole day from morning til night I can pour about 150 16oz pint mason jars. Have I ever poured that many? Yup, several times too, getting ready for a big show. This time also included pouring the matching clamshells too~ of which there were 320 same day!:tongue2:

If I pour the whole day from morning til night I can pour about 150 16oz pint mason jars. Have I ever poured that many? Yup, several times too, getting ready for a big show. This time also included pouring the matching clamshells too~ of which there were 320 same day!:tongue2:

I bet you are one tired human being when you get thru.It's the stirring that kills me.I'm not as young as I use to be.:D

Anna

I pour 6 11oz tureens per batch of wax (3# 5 ozs. wax) Yesterday my husband and I poured 21 batches - over 120 tureens. Also poured a few batches tins. We have 2 Turf & surf melters. Tureens were for a fundraiser.

I wish my dh would help me,and learn the art of making candles.He wants no part of it.Don't you just love the turk n surf?

Anna

we've been pretty busy in the shop we have 4 fundraisers out right now - last Thursday we poured just over 300 in about 4 hours - that's 2 of us pouring and one labeling - and keeping wax cut for us - -- Jars were pre-wicked..

OMG,four hours.How in heaven name did you stir that many in four hrs?Did you stir by hand?I am always looking for a quicker way.

Anna

Yes Maam -- we have tables set up with jars -- we have 3 melters that holds aprox 60 lbs of wax - we do use pouring pots - mixing 4 or 5 lbs at a time - pouring 8-10 8oz candles at a time - with 3 tables by the time we get one table filled and start on the next table the 1st table can be labled and the lid added --- we usualy do have to hit them with the heat gun - to smooth the tops -

you can check us out on the "about us" page www.lightmywaycandles.com

Thanks Anna --- it's definately been a work in process -- starting in our kitchens -- moving to my Mom's basement --- outgrowing that -- moving into the shop -- opening up a gift shop along with our candles -- wow -- we've been open here now going on 3 years -- thanks for the compliments -

I'm Terry by the way